Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Star Surround Quilt Along Parade


It's time for the Star Surround Quilt Along Parade, and I'm bummed that my quilts are not done. I knew Batman's quilt wouldn't be completed since Mom is hand quilting it, but I had high hopes for my big one-block quilt.  Part of me was tempted to hurry up and finish so I could join the crowd - especially after I was so good every week at keeping up with the steps - but I love the way the quilting is turning out, and that means more to me than being done on a deadline.


Having said that, there are two dozen other people who did get their projects quilted and bound, and their quilts are just spectacular!  I am so impressed and in love with the different sizes/colorways/projects. 


Be sure to check out the finished quilts and the 99 quilters who completed a top.

Many thanks to Melissa at Happy Quilting for this awesome quilt along and fun design.  I had a blast and will be keeping an eye out for the next one!



2 comments:

  1. Both quilts are just beautiful. Two thumbs up for not rushing the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and wise choice. Congrats on making it this far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...