Thursday, September 19, 2013

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Quilting With My Boy

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

In honor of September being National Sewing Month and my visit to my boy in Tuscaloosa TOMORROW I am sharing the quilt Deuce made when he was in third grade. 

It's a rail fence pattern, which I think I've mentioned is my favorite beginner block.  It is so versatile and has no points to match.  The blocks can be trimmed down if they are a wonky size, and no one but the quilt police will even notice.


He picked this lizard fabric and some scraps from my stash.  He's a pretty left brained kind of kid, so he had no trouble operating the sewing machine.  I think boys at a certain age are just ripe for exposure to this experience that is so like driving - they push the pedal and steer!  What could be more fun?


Since I was mostly hand quilting at this point, that's what I taught him to do.  Naturally he was less interested in this part of the process, and did minimal quilting on the project.

This was a great size quilt, especially since he was the only one of my kids with no baby quilt.  When we traveled, Gracie and the Bear used to bring their baby quilts in the car to snuggle with, and Deuce would bring this one. 

Now I want to see your blast from the past.  Link up and let us all see!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...