Thursday, February 13, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Cheater Cloth Valentine Pillows

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.


Today's project is one of the first things I ever quilted. These sweet Valentine's Day pillows started as cheater cloth from JoAnn's. Mom showed me how to hand quilt along the lines and around each of the little hearts to make it look like a pieced quilt.


I still love these so much, and put them out every February on the little bench by my front door. They remind me both of how far I've come as a quilter, and also that a project doesn't have to be super complicated or frustrating to be useful and beautiful.

Do you have an old mature holiday craft to share with us this week? I've updated my InLinkz account so now we have thumbnails. We'll see if that makes any difference in participation.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...