Thursday, September 4, 2014

#TBT - Throwback Thursday - Because He First Loved Us

Quiltin Jenny

It's Throwback Thursday here at Quiltin' Jenny, and I hope you'll link up and share your own creative adventures from your pre-blogging days.

Today's quilt is called "Because He First Loved Us." I made it when Deuce was in kindergarten for his teacher who was getting married. We threw her a little party at the end of the year, and I wanted a quick gift from all of the kids.


I made this small quilt with 4" squares of muslin that the kids wrote their names on, some four patches, and some sashing. For some reason I appliqued hearts onto it. Then I did a faux binding. Honestly, this quilt has so many things wrong with it design-wise. I have no idea what I was thinking!

The label has the verse from I John 4:19 that says, "We love because He first loved us" and all of the kids' names. 


Whatever the case, the bride did a good job of acting like she liked it. It always surprises me when a post from her shows up in a friend's feed on Facebook because she has four kids now. I feel old.






1 comment:

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...