Wednesday, March 22, 2017

WiP Wednesday - Bobbin Chicken

It's WiP Wednesday and I haven't worked up the courage to cut up any more pinwheel blocks, but I did do something sort of brave. I entered the string spider web quilt into the East Cobb Quilters' Guild show, Georgia Celebrates Quilts.  (Hurry! The deadline for entering a quilt has been extended until Saturday, March 25, 2017!)

string spider web quilt scrap strings bonnie hunter pattern

I don't know if it will be accepted, but I do know that I work better with a deadline. Hopefully this will prompt me to get it finished! If it is accepted, I will be so excited to cross off a life goal (and not just by a technicality).

So I started by quilting in the ditch, ala Christa Watson. I quilted around all of the spider webs and the border. Then I decided to stitch across the spider webs horizontally and vertically, quartering them. And then, what the heck, I might as well go diagonally too and stitch between all of the wedges.

Finally I decided to echo around the border as well, since Angela says if you don't know what to do next, echo echo echo!

thread chicken aurifil

I played a little bobbin chicken and lost. I literally had less than an inch left when I ran out of thread. 


Daisy rescue dog

That's sort of how my week is going. The dryer died and Daisy had to go to the vet because she has a weird spot on her back and work is crazy. 

I hope things are going your way this week. What are you working on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...